4D V11 SQL
With the release of 4D Server v11 SQL, "4D Client" is included in the 4D application. 4D Client, as an executable, is no longer installed on your machine.
To connect to 4D Server, launch 4D and follow the instructions in the new Wizard, or simply choose Open Remote Database... from the File menu.
As an intermediary release, this version is primarily comprised of under-the-hood improvements lending to increased stability. It also introduces support for the Windows DEP security standard, several language updates for improved menu and interface management, and some new commands as well.
The principal features of this new version are its robustness and scalability. The stability offered in this version comes thanks to corrections made over the last few months (around 200 bug fixes in all). We have now achieved an extremely satisfying level of stability under production conditions, and we have completed everything on our features checklist.
4D v11 SQL Release 1 (11.1) is fully certified for Mac OS X Leopard. Developers can now use the latest 4D application to build business applications for the latest version of both Macintosh and Windows operating systems.
Ease of Implementation
- Simplified installation
- Graphic environment
- Only three executables across the entire product line
- A single environment from creation to execution
- Relational & transactional database
- Application server
- HTTP server
- SQL server
- Numerous helpers and extensions
It also shows how to transfer via FTP the generated static web site using the 4D Internet Commands plug-in. Additional information is provided when running the demo.
It allows you to:
- save and restore users and their passwords (encrypted)
- use a customized connection dialog box
- remove or create new users
- create additional information for a user (icon, visibility, etc.)
- field lists
To use it, you can click on the buttons representing the Form editor tool bar or you can select a specific type of object directly from a dropdown menu.
This database shows the possibilities of using a hierarchical list:
- display of items of the list of colors
- multiple selections allowed
- events used: "On Expand", "On Collapse" and "On Selection Change"
- dynamically built lists
- icons from resources, object library or variables
This database show the possibilities of included lists: