TECHNICAL SERVICES ENGINEER
4D, Inc. is seeking an individual to join our Technical Support Team who is experienced, dynamic, motivated and multi-talented, with a great passion for development.
Your mission is to work with 4D customers who are building critical business applications, and running business critical systems—helping them to figure out complex development problems and to help them keep these applications running smoothly and efficiently.
You should be a capable database developer or a systems engineer who is excited to solve tough problems that even our experienced customers struggle with. You will be part of a team of smart and talented technical support engineers in San Jose who are also committed to delivering overall superior service and support to our customers. You will also interface with our QA, R&D and marketing teams both here and in our Paris office. You'll have lots of opportunities to make a big difference within the company by volunteering to participate in projects of your choice including developing applications, conducting Webinars, presenting at our conference or local meetups, and more.
- At least 3 years experience programming in databases
- Must have experience with SQL
- Good understanding of relational database design
- Can write code that is maintainable, sustainable and transportable
- Knowledge of various hardware platforms
- Willing to travel
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Must be able to work 40 hours/week
- Provide technical support to customers via phone and email
- Assist 4D Quality Assurance with product testing
- Write technical notes
- Write technical tips
- Product demonstrations to customers/potential customers
- Customer training -- Web & on-site
- Internal application development
4D is located in San Jose, California, next to Santana Row, with its many restaurants, coffee shops and bars making it the best "company cafeteria" in Silicon Valley.
We offer a competitive salary, a convenient San Jose location, and a benefits package that includes paid time off, medical, dental and vision plans, life, disability coverage, gym membership and a 401K plan + company match.
We cannot wait to have you join our team!
For consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume to: staffing4d [dot] com