4D SERVER STANDARD EDITION
4D Server Standard Edition is the cross-platform data, application and development server for 4D 2004. Any 4D single-user application scales easily to a workgroup client/server solution using 4D Server.
4D Server guarantees optimized client access management by using powerful client/server processes. Administrative tasks, such as backup or memory optimization, are handled automatically from the server. Even deployment of client application updates are fully automated, which makes 4D Server a true zero administration server.
4D Server fills the gap between low-end file-sharing-based systems and complex SQL-based RDBMS systems. Any 4D Server application smoothly interfaces with existing enterprise databases (ORACLE, Sybase, or any ODBC-compatible server) using 4D's Connectivity Plug-ins.
- License for 2 concurrent users, on either MacOS or Windows
- Integrated database engine
- Integrated Client/Server architecture
- Web services client
- Backup, mirroring and maitenance utilities
- 4D Client Expansion (additional concurrent user licenses)
- 4D Write Expansion (integrated word processor)
- 4D View Expansion (integrated spreadsheet)
- 4D Draw Expansion (integrated vectorial and dynamic drawing tool)
- 4D Web Server Expansion (integrated dynamic and static HTTP)
- 4D Web Services Expansion (integrated Web Services server)
- Connectivity Expansions
For What & Whom
4D Server is designed to let developers deploy professional client/server and rich Internet applications (RIAs). IIt provides a fully integrated architecture in which both client and server use a single 4D application. 4D Server frees developers from the need to design separate front-end and back-end applications. You’ll get:
- Integrated Client/Server management
- A true zero-administration server
- Many options to communicate with other systems and data sources through standard technologies.
Upgrade to Developer Edition
If you need to add plug-in capabilites to your developers and/or would like to compile your application, use 4D Insider.. and didn't purchase yet any 4th Dimension Developer Edition license, you may consider the option to upgrade the features of your server thanks to the 4D Server Standard to Server Developer Edition license
Migrating to 4D v11 SQL
Upgrade your application to 4D Server v11 SQL and benefit from the new features of the latest version, with the same ease of use: new SQL Engine, Maintenance and Security Center, new commands of language, etc. As a client/server user you will specially appreciate the power and extended scalability of the latest version, and the specific improvements in client-server communication, and the brand new "Execute on Server" method property. Also, many features are now available from the client-side like the server administration window. Migration is a single-click process that you might execute after consulting our migration ressource center.
Note: Pay attention to the fact that if while 4D Server Standard Edition 2004 was allowing indeferently Standard or Developer 4D Client Expansion, this is no longer the case with 4D Server v11 SQL. If you need to upgrade a heterogeneous configuration, you'll have to choose first between upgrading your server to Team Developer Professional or downgrading your Development clients to standard clients. Please contact your 4D representative for more details.